This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Page filtered on landing

1/10/2021 4:18:55 PM
PHPRunner General questions
Spider Webster author

I have project now with 4 graphs on a dashboard with over a years graph data. The dashboard can be filtered by the customer but is there a easy way I could have the dashboard load to show the current year filtered already. I dont mind changing it each year so the customer doesn't have growing growing graphs.
I can paste this url into address bar and this will give me the landing dashboard filtered.

https://website.com/project/dashboard_dashboard.php?q=(Breakdown_Date~between~01%2F01%2F2021~date2)
Is there a simple way to achieve this?

DealerModulesDevClub member 1/11/2021

Hi Spider,
If this is your landing page, go to the "Misc" button, click the "Landing page" button, change to "URL" and enter your filter dashboard link there.
If you want to do this from your menu:
Go to the "Editor" page, click on the "Menu Builder" button, and select your Menu Settings / Dashboard, then the "Edit Item" button.
In the Link To area click the ellipsis button (three dots) and add your everything after your "?" in you filtered URL that brings up your filtered Dashboard.
Rebuild and give this a try.
Paul

Spider Webster author 1/11/2021

Hi Paul

Thanks for that works a treat.

I'd overseen the landing button in misc, always used the tree view in edit to right click and make a landing page.
Also thanks for the menu help.

I have done this in the past but not quite the correct way. I'd selected external site and pasted the url rather than use project page and pasted after the "?"

This way seems to be quicker and more responsive.
Thank you so much 😄