This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Unable to Edit records in table

11/9/2020 1:25:42 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
DWill author

For some reason, the "Edit & Update Selected" options are grayed out, so I am unable to Edit records. However, the "Add & Inline Add" options are available. I need to be able to Edit/Update records and not just Insert. I am the Database & Table owner in SQL Server and can perform All CRUD operations in SSMS. So, I'm not sure why I am unable to do so in ASPRunner.Net. Please advise me if there is something I am missing?
David

T
Tim 11/9/2020

David,
If you click a checkbox in one of the rows, do the edit and update selected buttons become active? Those buttons are for manipulating selected rows. To just edit a row you should have an edit button (pencil icon by default) on each row.
Maybe you're aware of this, but that's the first thing that pops in my mind.
Thanks,

Tim

D
DWill author 11/9/2020

David,
If you click a checkbox in one of the rows, do the edit and update selected buttons become active? Those buttons are for manipulating selected rows. To just edit a row you should have an edit button (pencil icon by default) on each row.
Maybe you're aware of this, but that's the first thing that pops in my mind.
Thanks,

Tim

It doesn't even give me the option. So, when the app is built and rendered, there is no edit link, button, pencil, etc. I'm wanting to set some or all columns as editable but the check boxes (i.e. Edit record, Update Selected, Inline edit) on the "Pages" tab are grayed out. So when I get to the "Fields" tab, the option to Edit/Update records are not available.

T
Tim 11/9/2020

Ah, I get it. You're talking about setting up pages in the app, not then rendered web app. Sorry about that. I think this happens if you do not have a key field identified. You should be able to select which field is a unique/key field along the right side of the "pages" page. Is that the issue?
Thanks,

Tim

D
DWill author 11/10/2020

Ah, I get it. You're talking about setting up pages in the app, not then rendered web app. Sorry about that. I think this happens if you do not have a key field identified. You should be able to select which field is a unique/key field along the right side of the "pages" page. Is that the issue?
Thanks,

Tim

Yes, when setting up pages. My apologies for the confusion. I'm using ASPRunner.net on an MS Access app converted to SQL Server and a lot of the tables do not have a key field identified. I've had to add them to other tables for one reason or another. So, I've done so here as you suggested and now I can set records to be editable. Thank you very much.