This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

build - full vs non full build

9/10/2020 8:11:10 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
H
heilmanmd author

Have been trying to figure out what is the difference between a full build and non full build
yes it is faster to use the non full build as the documentation says
that said, when should I use a full build??? vs when not to?
my only best guess is that if making only code event changes use the non full build
if adding pages, doing page layouts then use the full build
Any thoughts / feedback most appreciated.
Best

Mark

admin 9/10/2020

For local development and testing use partial build. The partial build is trying to build what was modified only and therefore faster.
If something doesn't work (which might be a partial build issue) or you are ready to deploy to production - use the full build. For smaller projects, you can always use the full build.

H
heilmanmd author 9/12/2020

For local development and testing use partial build. The partial build is trying to build what was modified only and therefore faster.
If something doesn't work (which might be a partial build issue) or you are ready to deploy to production - use the full build. For smaller projects, you can always use the full build.

Many thanks... I have a big project with over 100 pages and so it can take a while to do a full build...
Much appreciated.
Best

Mark

H
heilmanmd author 9/25/2020

here's some info from all my testing and what I use as basic guideline for full vs non full
when to use full

• create a new page
  • when add / change tables / views
    when to use partial build
  • working with java script code
  • working with event code
  • changes to a page layouts
    Definitely use full build before start any major changes, and save a backup of such
    hope this helps
    Best

Mark