This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Recommended method of Localising Time in ASP Net Runner

7/12/2020 4:57:29 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Dalkeith author

This isn't an error in the ASPRunner.NET but a request for a problem that exists generally.
SQL server AZURE stores datetime in UTC format which is great but I would like to get the web application to change the time format to the locale of the browser to which the time is supplied.
In azure I can set the format of times to the locale of the server where the web application is served which is fine for users in the same country. But there will be occasions when a user lets say in Australia is looking at a web app hosted from the UK.
I found this on stack overflow that looks promising

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6525538/convert-utc-date-time-to-local-date-time
Sergey / anyone whose talented is their a recommended way of solving this for ASP Net runner?
Thanks in advance

admin 7/12/2020

Maybe you can use 'View as' Custom for those datetime fields and adjust the datetime value according to desired timezone. Can be a hardcoded timezone or you can let users choose their own timezone.

Dalkeith author 7/13/2020

Maybe you can use 'View as' Custom for those datetime fields and adjust the datetime value according to desired timezone. Can be a hardcoded timezone or you can let users choose their own timezone.

Thank you I will try that out.