This topic is locked

Error in Version 10..4 with SQL Server Fields uniqueidentifier

7/8/2020 7:56:47 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
F
francg author

Hi,
With version 10.4 there is an error using fields uniqueidentifier. When a table have child tables and the link field is with the uniqueidentifier field

then have an error saying "Error converting to varchar"
if open same project with version 10.3 works perfectly.
Can you fix this problem in next builds? please, I would not like to change all tables for that project....and I want to use 10.4
Thank you.

FrankR_ENTA 7/8/2020

Hi,
With version 10.4 there is an error using fields uniqueidentifier. When a table have child tables and the link field is with the uniqueidentifier field

then have an error saying "Error converting to varchar"
if open same project with version 10.3 works perfectly.
Can you fix this problem in next builds? please, I would not like to change all tables for that project....and I want to use 10.4
Thank you.

I have seen that with GUIDs. So far, I have worked around that successfully with CONVERTs.

F
francg author 7/8/2020

I have seen that with GUIDs. So far, I have worked around that successfully with CONVERTs.

Thank you FrankR,
I tried but did not worked, can you put a sample please, maybe I made diferent, I did it in SQL tab I put instead the field the convertion ....
SELECT

convert(varchar(38),V.IDVehiculoR) as IDVehiculoR,

V.VEH_CHASS1,

V.VEH_CHASS2,

V.MOD_MARQUE, etc....
but same problem....

admin 7/8/2020

Make sure that you run the latest build of version 10.4 and if this doesn't help post your project to Demo Account and contact support directly.

FrankR_ENTA 7/8/2020

Thank you FrankR,
I tried but did not worked, can you put a sample please, maybe I made diferent, I did it in SQL tab I put instead the field the convertion ....
SELECT

convert(varchar(38),V.IDVehiculoR) as IDVehiculoR,

V.VEH_CHASS1,

V.VEH_CHASS2,

V.MOD_MARQUE, etc....
but same problem....

You should take Sergey's direction and submit something to support.
You can treat strings as GUIDs and vice versa when absolutely necessary: GUIDs