This topic is locked

Excel File Import

7/6/2020 9:33:43 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Lowkeck authorDevClub member

Long story, I have an old system that outputs data in a .xls file. This cannot be changed. Is there any way to import this file as is, other than opening the file in Excel and saving it as a .xlsx file format. I'm using .NET Runner 10.4

FrankR_ENTA 7/6/2020

Long story, I have an old system that outputs data in a .xls file. This cannot be changed. Is there any way to import this file as is, other than opening the file in Excel and saving it as a .xlsx file format. I'm using .NET Runner 10.4

Sure. You should be able to set up a table in a database corresponding to the columns of the spreadsheet, and use Runner's built in Import support to pull it into the table.
Import

Lowkeck authorDevClub member 7/6/2020

Sure. You should be able to set up a table in a database corresponding to the columns of the spreadsheet, and use Runner's built in Import support to pull it into the table.
Import

Thanks Frank. The built-in import does not read the .XLS I have to open in Excel and Save as .xlsx (latest Excel format). Trying to automate this without user intervention.

FrankR_ENTA 7/7/2020

Thanks Frank. The built-in import does not read the .XLS I have to open in Excel and Save as .xlsx (latest Excel format). Trying to automate this without user intervention.

Oh, ok - I see what the challenge is now. So, whoever owns the file and data can't switch over to XLSX one time and be done with that? If not, and if it is a question of the owner not having a license to do XLSX, the Runner Import will also read a CSV.