This topic is locked

WYSIWYG layout for view, edit pages not limited to columns

5/28/2020 6:53:16 PM
Suggestions
B
bobalston author

How about a WYSIWYG ability to build view and edit pages with any layout you want, not limited to number of columns of fields.
Bob

A
AlphaBase 5/28/2020

+1

admin 5/29/2020

It is there already. See this video for inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnQsObyLDk

Pete K 5/30/2020

I've found it's pretty easy to do custom payouts by inserting rows/columns, using splits and joins, etc. as demonstrated in the video referenced above.
The thing that frustrates me when doing this is that often things don't line up. I see in the browser that various CSS classes get applied and often this causes one row to have more or less padding, or margin, or width settings. This could be easily resolved if we were given access to the CSS classes that are applied to rows, cells, and objects within cells from within the page designer. Even better would be a property inspector that not only revealed the class name, but also the CSS properties of the class so we could quickly determine what properties we may wish to override.

A
AlphaBase 5/30/2020

Agreed. What we really need is a property inspector that works and gives us complete control over the fields & cells. Most of this bootstrap stuff has WAAAAAAYYYY TOO MUCH padding and spacing, not to mention ugly [size="4"]GIANT FAT[/size] fields. Some of us need to build forms with tight spacing and intricate design. Can't do that currently.