This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

REST Use in ASPRunner.NET

5/14/2020 4:52:38 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
FrankR_ENTA author

Greetings. I thought it would be helpful to open up a thread dedicated to use of the new REST Support in 10.4. These additions are nothing short of extraordinary, and they open up all kinds of new use case doors.
I have been using it extensively for the past few days, and I have had significant success. I have also had some questions, and I thought it would be good to set up a thread for all this dialog.
Have you tried the REST support yet?
Note that it is 2 Major Pieces:

1. Consumption of existing REST APIs
  2. Creation of your own REST APIs that can be consumed by other apps.
    I haven't tried 2 yet, but the possibilities are enormous. If you have ever written services in the past, you will appreciate the possibility of this product being able to generate the shell for you.

FrankR_ENTA author 5/15/2020

So, I have had a great deal of success with the fantastic REST support in ASPRunner.NET. I have two different REST Connections, and 5 REST Views defined and working properly.

Some questions.

1. Right now, I have coded Username and Password info right in the REST Connection. How do I implement collection and use of the credentials of the current user of the app?
  2. Is ASPRunner.NET managing token expiration? I am using the OAuth2 support, where a token will expire after a period of time, depending on how the back end API was implemented. We are using this to connect to the API of a medical system. Is ASPRunner detecting an expired token and then requesting a fresh one, or, is it repeating a token request for each View request?
  3. Once setting up REST Connections and Views, like with the DB API, am I able to, from Events, control Connection and View/Retrieval of data programmatically myself?
    Thank you.