This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

An Object or Column Name is Missing or Empty Error

3/17/2020 12:21:49 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
I
i.NoLim author

Hello, I recently went back to update an old app that I haven't worked on in a while but after rebuilding it I received the following message. I undid all the changes I had made, rebuilt it and still got the same error. The app was fully functional the last time it was built, and none of my tables show any errors in the "Query" tab; all tables show the desired results.
Is there a way to debug this this a bit more efficiently? The error message is very vague as I have a lot of tables and a lot of events with similar SQL queries.
Edit: I tried adding the following to "After application initialized" but I still received the same error even after adding "debug=true" to the URL.
Edit #2: It was a security issue. I changed from "Active Directory" to "No Login" for testing purposes. I'm hoping that once I make the changes and go back to "Active Directory" everything will work as it should, I will leave this post unsolved for the time being.

if (MVCFunctions.postvalue("debug") == "true")

GlobalVars.dDebug = true;

admin 3/17/2020

You need to load your project into Visual Studio, build and run it there. This way, when it breaks, you will see the exact line of code and the exact SQL query that causes the trouble.

Pete K 3/18/2020

Check out this thread. The fix is to add a new TEXT field named Page to _ugrights table.
https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/26810-bug-in-103-yellow-screen-error-an-object-or-column-name-is-missing-or-empty/

I
i.NoLim author 3/19/2020

Thank you so much for both of your responses!