This topic is locked

Create a PDF with Master-Detail tables

11/9/2019 8:13:31 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
A
alevin16 author

Hello All
I have three tables set up as the following:
Customer Demographics (this would be things like First name, Last name, phone number). It is connected to a detail table of Bills

Bills is just a small table that lists each customer's bills. It has Bill Number, Date of sale, and total. This connects to the final table of Details

Details will have the individual items bought on that particular bill.
So one of our users will choose a Customer, from there they will choose a Bill, and finally they will see the Details in that bill. We want to be able to create a simple PDF that will have the Detail lines AND information from both of the other tables. Right now, when I am viewing the Details, if I try to create a PDF it shows the details and ONLY information from the Bills Table. I also need to see information from the Customer table. So for example the report would look like this:
John Smith

Bill R-0909 Date of Sale 09/09/2019

Item one

Item two

Item three
Right now all I am getting is

Bill R-0909 Date of Sale 09/09/2019

Item one

Item two

Item three
I am not getting the name from the Main table to print
THANKS!

admin 11/9/2019

PDF export should look exactly the same way as the page it exports. Are you saying this is not happening?
Is this something that you can show us on Demo Account?

A
alevin16 author 11/10/2019

I will post it shortly, By the way I just want to say that this product is AMAZING! All the things I can do without knowing the programming is incredible and I am just scratching the surface. I am so happy I got this!
ANdy

A

Actually I do not think you would be able to log on. The data comes from an Azure database that only allows certain IP addresses on. Can you direct me to any tutorials because most likely I am just not pressing the right area.

A

Would another option be to create a report from a query like I do in Microsoft Access? In Access I would create a query and filter it on Customer Number and Bill Number which are filled from the Access Form when the user chooses a customer and bill. Can I do something similar here? When a user chooses a Customer Record and then a Bill Record, can those key fields be accessed somehow by a report? As a complete fallback I can always edit the underlying table in Azure to put the Customer's name in the Bill Table.
So basically what I am getting is either the Customer and Bill listing to print or the Bill listing and details to print but not all three at once.
Thanks

Andy

admin 11/13/2019

I cannot point you to the correct tutorial as I cannot understand what exactly you dealing with.
I need to see this issue happening live and posting your project to Demo Account is the way to go.