This topic is locked

Setting up ASPRunner.Net on Server

8/20/2019 11:12:02 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
C
crabtreecj author

I was running ASPRunner 6.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 platform until today (Ransomware).
I have put a temporary server in place running Server 2016 Standard and I'm trying to get the latest version on ASPRunner.NET to work on it. I downloaded the trial version to verify the deployed application would work, but so far nothing is working. If you can see what I'm doing wrong please let me know.

1. I deployed a new server with a fresh install of Server 2016.
  2. I setup roles for Web Server IIS, .Net3.5m .NET4.6, ASP.NET, WCF Services. I then added Webdav publishing, Application development and installed all of that.
  3. I took my existing database and recreated my ASPRunner project.
  4. Copied the output directory top the wwwroot folder and setup a connection in IIS.
  5. Created a new IIS Site for my application. The authentication has been tested and working, the application pool settings are (.NET CLR Version v4.0.30319, Integrated)
    I tried changing some of the settings in the advanced options of the app pool such as enabling 32-bit encryption, changing the pipeline to classic and changing the version to 2.0 instead of 4.0 but nothing worked. I kept getting a no page displayed message. I was able to get the login screen to come up once but after logging in I got a message saying (The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. )

D
DennisB 8/20/2019

I think you need to download runtime access files from Microsoft

I was running ASPRunner 6.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 platform until today (Ransomware).
I have put a temporary server in place running Server 2016 Standard and I'm trying to get the latest version on ASPRunner.NET to work on it. I downloaded the trial version to verify the deployed application would work, but so far nothing is working. If you can see what I'm doing wrong please let me know.

1. I deployed a new server with a fresh install of Server 2016.
  2. I setup roles for Web Server IIS, .Net3.5m .NET4.6, ASP.NET, WCF Services. I then added Webdav publishing, Application development and installed all of that.
  3. I took my existing database and recreated my ASPRunner project.
  4. Copied the output directory top the wwwroot folder and setup a connection in IIS.
  5. Created a new IIS Site for my application. The authentication has been tested and working, the application pool settings are (.NET CLR Version v4.0.30319, Integrated)
    I tried changing some of the settings in the advanced options of the app pool such as enabling 32-bit encryption, changing the pipeline to classic and changing the version to 2.0 instead of 4.0 but nothing worked. I kept getting a no page displayed message. I was able to get the login screen to come up once but after logging in I got a message saying (The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. )

C
crabtreecj author 8/21/2019

I think you need to download runtime access files from Microsoft

I installed runtime access but I'm getting the following message,
"

The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. "

D
DennisB 8/21/2019

I am just guessing, but there are 2 versions of the runtime. 1 is for 32 bit and 1 for 64 bit. You set IIS to enabled 32 bit applications, but if you still get the error I am betting the issue may be you need 64 bit. I also think you can only have 1 version installed at a time. Anyway, good luck but I don't have any other suggestions. Maybe someone else will.

I installed runtime access but I'm getting the following message,
"

The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. "

admin 8/22/2019

Two most important things to check:

1. Install 32bit Microsoft Access runtime on the server
  2. Enable 32-bit applications for this IIS app pool. You mentioned "32-bit encryption" and it is hard to tell if this is a typo or just a wrong setting.
    I would also say that version 6.0 of ASPRunner.NET is really old and hard to tell what else might be required to configure.

C
crabtreecj author 8/22/2019

2. Enable 32-bit applications for this IIS app pool. You mentioned "32-bit encryption" and it is hard to tell if this is a typo or just a wrong setting.
    I would also say that version 6.0 of ASPRunner.NET is really old and hard to tell what else might be required to configure.

Sorry about that, it was a typo. I will configure the way you said and I've download the latest version (Trial) of ASPRunner.NET to rebuild my database to see if I can get it to work. I'll let you know the results.
Thanks again everyone!

C
crabtreecj author 8/22/2019

After Installing 32bit Microsoft Access runtime on the server and Enabling 32-bit applications for this IIS app pool the site is now working. The old ASPRunner apps built with version 9 and 6 are not working but the latest one I built is working. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see how it work over the next couple days.