This topic is locked

Prompt User For Info and Requery

8/2/2019 9:53:01 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
DebZ author

Hello,
I have a few lists that work fine when the user clicks advanced search, supplies the criteria, and submits. The save search feature works amazing as well. Unfortunately, I have a few management users who are "used" to my older web (custom asp 1.0/2.0 cough) reports that would prompt the user for their specific search criteria and return those results.
For example: I have a report that lists projects based on when they were awarded. Depending on how often management meets, they might want to know projects awarded since the beginning of the year, or a specific date. My old forms had one asp page requesting them to supply the "Award" date, and the submit button would call another asp page and supply the date as part of the url. I would modify the query in the second page to use that parameter.
I'm not sure how to best do this with ASPRunner.net. Can I make a button on the list page, that would request the user to supply the information required, and then re query the list? Is there a better option? Not exactly sure how to get the pop-up data to a variable and then re-query the list.
Thanks in advance for any advise.
Deb

I
i.NoLim 8/2/2019

On the Miscellaneous tab click on Search and Filter settings, then check all the fields you would like to filter by. This will give them a "menu" on the left side of the list page that they can use to filter their results by.