This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Version 10.X web pages very slow compared to 9.X

7/23/2019 7:34:53 AM
PHPRunner General questions
S
Sidewinder author

need some help or suggestions please. im building 2 identical projects one using 10.2 and the other 9.8. both using same SQL data base and same hosting machine. the web site built with version 9.8 is very fast and responsive with data loading almost instantly. the 10.2 version however takes 6 to 10 seconds for pages to render. using the same browser on the same machine to test the speed of the site. any thoughts or is anyone else noticed this.
not sure what type of data i can provide to assist.

admin 7/23/2019

Start by reading this article:

https://xlinesoft.com/blog/2011/04/08/improving-perfomance-of-phprunnerasprunnerpro-applications/
Version 10.x app should not be any slower, you need to find the reason.

S
Sidewinder author 7/24/2019

Start by reading this article:

https://xlinesoft.com/blog/2011/04/08/improving-perfomance-of-phprunnerasprunnerpro-applications/
Version 10.x app should not be any slower, you need to find the reason.

S

S

i had already reviewed this. i only rebuilt in 9.8 because it was running so slow in 10.2 that pages were timing out. both are using the exact same queries on the same server.

admin 7/24/2019

It is not enough to review it, you need to follow the troubleshooting steps provided there. Even if you think that it is exactly the same the must be something that works differently.
You can upload both projects to Demo Account, for instance, to see if this makes the difference. Give us some additional info we can work with.

S

i did go thru the trouble shooting and i have tried to upload to demo but never got validation emails so i couldn't test there. in mine the 10.2 takes twice as long to load as project created with 9.8.
if you can assist with the demo ill continue testing
thanks

admin 7/24/2019

Check your spam folder for the verification email. If this doesn't help contact support directly and we will assist you.

lefty 7/26/2019

Check your spam folder for the verification email. If this doesn't help contact support directly and we will assist you.

"QUOTE"
[color=#1C2837]

S
Sidewinder author 7/27/2019

i built 2 very simply projects using only a small piece of the over all project. both using same tables on the same server no cutting and pasting was done. i kept if very simply for testing to try to see what was going on. both are loaded into demo and the one built in 10 is noticeably slower. only one event and that is only to disable 2 fields.

admin 7/27/2019

If you need any help with this contact support directly sending URLs of both projects.

J
jetsguy 9/6/2019

i built 2 very simply projects using only a small piece of the over all project. both using same tables on the same server no cutting and pasting was done. i kept if very simply for testing to try to see what was going on. both are loaded into demo and the one built in 10 is noticeably slower. only one event and that is only to disable 2 fields.

Hi did you ever get a solution to this? I also have noticed v10 running much slower with the same project. Thanks!

admin 9/7/2019

Eric,
you know what to do, right? See my answers.
It looks like some people are more interested in talking about their issues than actually fixing them. Fine with me.

S
Sidewinder author 9/22/2019

Eric,
you know what to do, right? See my answers.
It looks like some people are more interested in talking about their issues than actually fixing them. Fine with me.

was never able to get this fixed as i never got email to complete demo so i gave up.
wasn't just talking about the issue honestly was looking for help and couldn't get the demo running. tried everything suggested

admin 9/23/2019

And what exactly prevented you from contacting support with this issue? It looks like you are not interested in figuring out what is wrong, just want to talk about it.

M
merlingolden 9/23/2019

Hi

Version 10.2 works far better in my case. I have many events 50+ table and views, if you have any problem contact support directly by sending an email to support, or login to support portal of xlinesoft.

Merlin

S
Sidewinder author 9/23/2019

And what exactly prevented you from contacting support with this issue? It looks like you are not interested in figuring out what is wrong, just want to talk about it.

i never received the URL's to use in reporting the issue as per instructed i was open a ticket and attach both URL's after uploading to demo.