This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Modify Login information.

7/22/2019 12:56:54 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
I
i.NoLim author

Hello,
We have an application that uses AD authentication, the userID is saved in a "CreatedBy" column. The web application is set up so users are only able to edit their own entries. Unfortunately, the login page does not appear to be case sensitive. For example John Smith logs in as 'JSmith' and creates "Doc ABC." John Smith logs in again but this time as 'jsmith' and is now not able to edit his own document.
I tried going into "After successful login" and adding the following but no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

XSession.Session["UserID"] = data["UserID"].ToLower();
I
i.NoLim author 7/24/2019

Decided to have the user login automatically (with IIS).

I
i.NoLim author 7/31/2019

This solution ended up not working out. One of our administrators was logged in automatically as "Smith" and all her permissions were gone. If we went back to logging in manually and she entered "smith" all her permissions were back. We tried to modify her profile information in AD but nothing worked.
At this point, I believe what I was looking for in my original post is the solution. How do I change "Logged as?" How do I make it so it's all lowercase? Yes, I've read the manual but what I tried in my OP didn't work.

jadachDevClub member 8/1/2019

I just tested this. I too am using AD. 99% are pass-through, but I do have a few that require a windows user to login.
I just logged in with all caps, which I never do, and I had correct access to my information. So, I can't even simulate what you are experiencing.
Note: I am allowing case-insensitive login.
Also, If you are using MSSQL Server, it is by default case insensitive.

I
i.NoLim author 8/2/2019

I just tested this. I too am using AD. 99% are pass-through, but I do have a few that require a windows user to login.
I just logged in with all caps, which I never do, and I had correct access to my information. So, I can't even simulate what you are experiencing.
Note: I am allowing case-insensitive login.
Also, If you are using MSSQL Server, it is by default case insensitive.

Thank you very much for this information jadach.
I dug a bit further in ASPRunner and under 'Security\Registrations and passwords' I found a checkbox labeled "Case-insensitive login." I selected it and it solved the issue of users not being able to edit their own entries if they spelled their username differently.
As far as the administrator not having the right permissions when she logs in, that still persists.
Thank you again.