This topic is locked

Need guidance with SVN and Multiple Developers

7/16/2019 10:06:52 AM
PHPRunner General questions
D
dpst813 author

I am going to be purchasing another license for PHPRunner in the hopes that I and another person can work on a project that we are making with PHPRunner. But before I do I have been doing some testing within my local machine and SVN I have setup. During testing, I have been unsuccessful when trying to emulate two people working at the same time with there own copy of a branch even working with different tables. It seems to work fine if I make changes commit it to a branch or merge with the trunk. Then simulate a second person by having another folder pull the same branch I just update or merged trunk make changes and commit. That is not an issue and work just fine and that would be great if we worked different shifts. But that is the issue we work at the same time and would like to be able to work on our own sections of the Application at the same time. Otherwise when remerging the updated trunk with our branch to bring up to date or merging our branch of code with the trunk someone's code is being overwritten even though we are editing different sections.
Does anyone have experience with PHPRunner specifically and SVN doing this that can give any pointers when two developers are working at the same time? It seems to be an issue might be the SQLite that store pages,events,custom etc... and sometimes merging the PHPRunner file as well depending on what I'm testing or field changes.
The only other option I can think of is to manually update the Trunk with the changes both of us made in our own branches. Meaning not through the SVN but physically open PHPRunner one with the trunk and one with our branch and recreate it on the trunk version. That just seems like a time-consuming process instead of being able to just merge. Also yes I have reviewed this link on the blog https://xlinesoft.com/blog/2011/06/08/best-practices-multiple-developers-working-on-the-same-project/ but again different shifts this would be perfectly fine.
Thank you for any help someone can provide.