This topic is locked

Need help on advanced security settings

7/13/2019 6:21:58 AM
PHPRunner General questions
H
harveyspecter author

Hello,
I have a guest page which they can see data only if their username is written in "reference" field.
Its okay with advanced security settings they can only see their data. But also there 3 more tables which has detail table of this main table.
Main table has "file number" field. Also other 3 tables has too.
But in this case. They can only see their data in main table. But they can see all the data in others.
I want them to see only the records of "file number" fields match with main table on other 3 tables.
Is there a way to do it? Thanx alot.

admin 7/14/2019

You need to rephrase your question, maybe post some screenshots. Really hard to tell what is the problem here.

H
harveyspecter author 7/18/2019

You need to rephrase your question, maybe post some screenshots. Really hard to tell what is the problem here.

Okay. I have 2 tables.
Table1 has two fields. "file_number" and "refference". People login and see the data if only their username contains in "refference" field. I used advanced security settings for it.
Also there are 1 more table called Table2. Which dont have "refference" field but have "file_number" field. File numbers are the same with Table1.
I need people who login can only see data of table1 if "refference" is the same with username. Its okay.
But for Table2 i need this: Only see the data which is the same with Table1's "file_number" field.
Eventually they will only see the allowed data on all tables.

admin 7/18/2019

I'm not sure I see the problem here. Under Advanced Security settings you can setup each table separately choosing a different pair of fields for each table.
What exactly causes the problem?

H
harveyspecter author 7/22/2019

I'm not sure I see the problem here. Under Advanced Security settings you can setup each table separately choosing a different pair of fields for each table.
What exactly causes the problem?

Yes. But I don't have username field on my second table. So i cant make it by advanced security settings. I can explain more:
UserTable:

Fields : [UserID]
Table1

Fields : [UserID], [FileNumber]
Table2

: [FileNumber]
So there are 3 tables, one of them is user table.
Table1 is easy i just make it by advanced security settings.
But in Table2 i can't make it by advanced security settings.
If i just link Table1 and Table 2 by [FileNumber] they can only see their data on Table1 but see every data on Table2.
I need guests to see on Table2 only the data that they allowed in Table1. So they will only see the [FileNumber] if they allowed in Table1.