6/17/2019 11:49:05 PM
PHPRunner General questions
K
keithh0427 author

I have a table with 3 fields: regionID, encounterID, communityID

all three of these fields ate int(11)
Normally these elements will behave like this:

Select a single regionID.

--> Select a single encounterID based on the regionID.

----> Select a single community ID based on the encounterID
These selections work great.
However when I want to create a report, I want to select like this:

-->Select a single regionID

----> Select any number of encounterID records based on the regionID

------> Select any number of communityID records based on the selected encounterID records.
I tried using a varchar field to hold each of the encounterID keys but that doesn't seem to work when I want to perform a lookup with the wizard.
Basically, I need to store a number of integers in a field so that I can select a number of integers in another field based on all of the integers in the previous field.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm sure there's a way to achieve this in PHPRunner, but can't seem to see the forest because of all the trees.
I'm using v10.2

admin 6/18/2019

A varchar field should be able to hold a list of comma-separated integers. You need to explain what " doesn't seem to work when I want to perform a lookup with the wizard" means.

K
keithh0427 author 6/18/2019

A varchar field should be able to hold a list of comma-separated integers. You need to explain what " doesn't seem to work when I want to perform a lookup with the wizard" means.

On the primary table, the regionID, encounterID and communityID are all set to int(11)
On the report table, the regionID is set to int(11), the encounterID and communityID are set to varchar(250)
On the lookup wizard, I set the encounterID on the report table to checkbox and the advanced dependency set for the report table regionID to the regionID in the encounter table. In my thinking, it should then select all of the encounterID records associated with that regionID. But, there are no checkboxes created. In fact, nothing is created for the encounter element.
I agree that the varchar should be able to hold the comma delimted list of encounters, but I can't seem to get there.

admin 6/19/2019

I don't really understand the exact issue based on this description. It will be much easier to understand if we can see the actual project and data.

K
keithh0427 author 6/19/2019

I don't really understand the exact issue based on this description. It will be much easier to understand if we can see the actual project and data.

I have opened a support ticket with the information needed to view the demo project.
Thank you!