This topic is locked

Filtered Report - does not show Data When Exported

4/12/2019 3:44:54 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
D
DennisB author

Maybe just me, but I have reports that look fine and export all data when a filter is not in place. However, when filtering is applied to the Report - looks fine on the web page, but PDF, Excel and Word export don't show any records. This seems to be true whether a report is filtered using the Filter or Search Panels.
Even though this is not a "support" forum I thought I would post here first to see if anyone else has the problem - or can test to see if they have the problem - or let me know if it just me.
This is with version 10.1 Build 32675 x86

D
DennisB author 4/12/2019

Maybe just me, but I have reports that look fine and export all data when a filter is not in place. However, when filtering is applied to the Report - looks fine on the web page, but PDF, Excel and Word export don't show any records. This seems to be true whether a report is filtered using the Filter or Search Panels.
Even though this is not a "support" forum I thought I would post here first to see if anyone else has the problem - or can test to see if they have the problem - or let me know if it just me.
This is with version 10.1 Build 32675 x86

I was able to figure out that if I set PDF Scope to ALL then a filtered report will actually output the filtered records to a PDF. I don't see a similar scope for Excel or Word.

admin 4/14/2019

We have 'Export selected' option. Is it what you looking for?

D
DennisB author 4/14/2019

We have 'Export selected' option. Is it what you looking for?

I believe that would work only on a list with check boxes. A report would not have check boxes so no way to Select records to export, unless I am mistaken. My expectation was that when a report is filtered when printed or exported only the filtered records would be displayed. That has not been my experience.

admin 4/15/2019

I see what you saying. Reports are special kind of objects that display aggregated data and do not have 'Export selected' option.
Maybe you can use regular List pages along with newly added GROUP BY feature?

https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/26315-march-18-2019-phprunner-101-asprunnernet-101-maintenance-release/

D
DennisB author 4/15/2019

I see what you saying. Reports are special kind of objects that display aggregated data and do not have 'Export selected' option.
Maybe you can use regular List pages along with newly added GROUP BY feature?

https://asprunner.com/forums/topic/26315-march-18-2019-phprunner-101-asprunnernet-101-maintenance-release/

Thanks for the reply/info