This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

move the database to another server

4/9/2019 9:07:03 AM
PHPRunner General questions
P
Pamibo author

Hello,

How is the assumption when you move the database to another server and get both a new domain and new access data for the DB. Where and how can you change this for an existing project?

thanks for your help

admin 4/9/2019

What version of PHPRunner is that?

P
Pamibo author 4/9/2019

What version of PHPRunner is that?

9.7 and one project on 10.0.

admin 4/9/2019

In later versions the easiest option is to create a new Server Database Connection on 'Output directory' screen and specify new connection parameters there.

P
Pamibo author 4/10/2019

In later versions the easiest option is to create a new Server Database Connection on 'Output directory' screen and specify new connection parameters there.

OK,

I have now downloaded 10.1 and entered the serial number. I have created a database on another domain and a user and the password. Where and at what point in the old project can I enter the database data accordingly: Then I have to transfer the project still on the new server and there he must also the use new database access.
Sorry my english is not so good
Thanks for your help
Paul Michael

admin 4/10/2019

Paul,
but I just explained where exactly this change needs to be made:

create a new Server Database Connection on 'Output directory' screen and specify new connection parameters there.

lefty 4/10/2019

Paul,
but I just explained where exactly this change needs to be made:

You have two options change the database connection before the table screen or edit the connection to new in the output screen , Like the Admin states above . Once you open the project go to tables and click back , enter the new server connections , username , password to your new database and new server. Then in the output in the last screen , Change the output name to a new name , ( check database connection in this screen also ) , Then Build the project to your new folder . Then upload your new output to the new server root this will add all the new database credentials you created on your server ( identical to what you created on the project to connect ) .