This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Dashboard, Custom view and Encrypted fields

3/18/2019 11:34:06 AM
PHPRunner General questions
T
thamestrader author

I have a dashboard item that use a custom view to display the total orders received by each customer this month. Orders is the detail and Customer is the master. I amended the dashboard to display the customer name and zip code (which are encrypted) by joining the orders table to the customer table. Unfortunately the customer name and zipcode are not decrypted on the dashboard display.
Not sure if I've done something wrong, its a bug or its the way its meant to be. I'm using v10.

I imagine I could code around it by CAST and Decrypt in the SQL statement for the custom view however this makes the encryption key visible in the code which I'd rather avoid.

admin 3/18/2019

Your encryption key already exists in the code, how would PHPRunner decode your data otherwise.

jadachDevClub member 3/18/2019

I have a dashboard item that use a custom view to display the total orders received by each customer this month. Orders is the detail and Customer is the master. I amended the dashboard to display the customer name and zip code (which are encrypted) by joining the orders table to the customer table. Unfortunately the customer name and zipcode are not decrypted on the dashboard display.
Not sure if I've done something wrong, its a bug or its the way its meant to be. I'm using v10.

I imagine I could code around it by CAST and Decrypt in the SQL statement for the custom view however this makes the encryption key visible in the code which I'd rather avoid.

On the Security tab in designer, click Encryption and find your view listed in the list. Make sure you mark Encrypt for the field in your view that is encrypted.

T
thamestrader author 3/18/2019

On the Security tab in designer, click Encryption and find your view listed in the list. Make sure you mark Encrypt for the field in your view that is encrypted.

Thanks jadach, I'd forgotten to do that. User error on my part.