This topic is locked

Check if start date is earlier than end date (PHPrunner 9.0)

3/5/2019 8:48:48 AM
PHPRunner General questions
R
redmine.csi author

Hi All,

my ex colleague Roberto has used PHPRunner 9.0 to build a web tool to handle meeting.

But I'm working with PHPRunner 9.0 now, looking at this link: https://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/check_if_start_date_is_ealier_than_end_date.htm
The feature doesn't seem to be present inside PHPRunner 9.0, How can I get same result??
Thanks,

admin 3/5/2019

This feature present in all versions of PHPRunner. You just add your code to BeforeAdd/BeforeEdit events to validate data.

V
valerios 4/1/2019

This feature present in all versions of PHPRunner. You just add your code to BeforeAdd/BeforeEdit events to validate data.

Hi admin,

about the function (Check if start date is earlier than end date), if Start Date value is empty/with not value, I'll be seeing always the error:

Start date can not be later than End date.
But is not very helpful, I mean, this you should see if start date value is valued/filled.
Is it possible?
Thanks,

lefty 4/1/2019

Hi admin,

about the function (Check if start date is earlier than end date), if Start Date value is empty/with not value, I'll be seeing always the error:

Start date can not be later than End date.
But is not very helpful, I mean, this you should see if start date value is valued/filled.
Is it possible?
Thanks,

When a record is added to database , just make it so start_date cannot be null or required to enter . Then make different settings for add and edit pages box in start_date field , and In edit make read only to keep original value . If there is no value added to record for start_data and null is allowed then the problem will always exist when start_date is originally added and no date is entered . So then after fixing null values to make required , add the code as where the admin suggests above thus making the code link in your original post always check each date field.

V
valerios 4/2/2019

When a record is added to database , just make it so start_date cannot be null or required to enter . Then make different settings for add and edit pages box in start_date field , and In edit make read only to keep original value . If there is no value added to record for start_data and null is allowed then the problem will always exist when start_date is originally added and no date is entered . So then after fixing null values to make required , add the code as where the admin suggests above thus making the code link in your original post always check each date field.

Yes, everything is clear now.

Many Thanks,