This topic is locked

Bugs?

2/20/2019 6:00:25 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
I
i.NoLim author

Hello,
I'm currently using the latest version and I've encountered a couple of issues.
My web app consists of a master table and a details table. Usually on the master's list there's a small drop down icon listing the "children" for that specific entry. This was working perfectly until it wasn't. Whenever I click on the dropdown menu nothing happens. I've checked the "relation" between both tables time and time again but nothing is wrong. I've compared the settings to other fully functional custom views that are connected to the same table, and all are exactly the same.
The second issue is no "Edit" button. I've selected "Edit record" as one of the pages to build and modified it to how I want it to look on the "Designer" tab. When I built it and opened there was only a "View" button for each of the entries. I went back to my "Editor" and realized that there was no HTML code for the "Edit" button. I wrote what was missing, made sure it was pointing to the right table but still nothing. To summarize: the "Edit" page has been selected, the button appears on both "Designer" and "Editor" but not when I open the web app.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

D
DennisB 2/20/2019

Permissions maybe?

I
i.NoLim author 2/21/2019

Permissions maybe?

Ugh! How could I forget about permissions. Thank you! Unfortunately, my first issue persists.

D
DennisB 2/24/2019

Ugh! How could I forget about permissions. Thank you! Unfortunately, my first issue persists.

On your other issue with the child tables could it be you have the option set to hide if no children? or similar option, I forget how it is worded.

I
i.NoLim author 2/25/2019

On your other issue with the child tables could it be you have the option set to hide if no children? or similar option, I forget how it is worded.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried this but it didn't work. The issue is happening on entries with existing children by the way. When I click on the "bubble" listing the number of children, instead of expanding and showing the details table nothing happens.

D
DennisB 2/25/2019

Thank you for your reply. I've tried this but it didn't work. The issue is happening on entries with existing children by the way. When I click on the "bubble" listing the number of children, instead of expanding and showing the details table nothing happens.

I would think this is still a setting. Like show in Popup or Proceed to child records. Have you tried with different browsers? Sorry I don't have more to suggest. Support has been very good/responsive - at least in my experience.

I
i.NoLim author 2/27/2019

I would think this is still a setting. Like show in Popup or Proceed to child records. Have you tried with different browsers? Sorry I don't have more to suggest. Support has been very good/responsive - at least in my experience.

I apologize for the late response. Yes, I tried different browsers to no avail. I compared the settings for this page to others in the same app that are working and they are exactly the same. I tried a full build, and partial build but the error persists.