2/4/2019 11:47:32 AM
PHPRunner General questions
C
CWDATA author

Updated 04-02-2019
When i open my recently installed PHPRunner 10 I get a Window that says
Webserver unexpectedly finished.
Do you want to attempt to restart it?
Click no to close the application immediately.
if I click no then programme closes. If I click yes it simply after a few moments brings up the same window. If I do this a couple of times and then attempt to open the programme again it generally loads up ok. Now it is coming up with a window that reads "Unable to start embedded server" and I am now unable to open the programme.
Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a cure?
Regards,

Carl.

lefty 2/5/2019

Updated 04-02-2019
When i open my recently installed PHPRunner 10 I get a Window that says
Webserver unexpectedly finished.
Do you want to attempt to restart it?
Click no to close the application immediately.
if I click no then programme closes. If I click yes it simply after a few moments brings up the same window. If I do this a couple of times and then attempt to open the programme again it generally loads up ok. Now it is coming up with a window that reads "Unable to start embedded server" and I am now unable to open the programme.
Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a cure?
Regards,

Carl.

I've had this a few times. I believe it means that it was still running in the background from a previous time. I just restarted computer and it does not come up . Only times it comes up is when I am opening and closing with out a reboot. I know it never happened in older versions , so I guess it is not shutting down all the way and some process is still running.

C
CWDATA author 2/5/2019

I've had this a few times. I believe it means that it was still running in the background from a previous time. I just restarted computer and it does not come up . Only times it comes up is when I am opening and closing with out a reboot. I know it never happened in older versions , so I guess it is not shutting down all the way and some process is still running.

C
CWDATA author 2/5/2019

C
CWDATA author 2/5/2019

Hi John thank you for taking time to reply. Unfortunately this is happening all the time. Reboot or no reeboot. Further more on the odd occasion the programme does launch when I try to use the "View As/Edit As" function on a field nothing happens and the programme freezes.

lefty 2/6/2019

Hi John thank you for taking time to reply. Unfortunately this is happening all the time. Reboot or no reeboot. Further more on the odd occasion the programme does launch when I try to use the "View As/Edit As" function on a field nothing happens and the programme freezes.

I would re-install . Make sure you have latest build. You aren't by any chance using parallels ( windows VM and Mac ) as I am and PHPrunner 10 has given me the same error and versions below it have not . Something that may not be related but I had installed visual studio and that's when I started getting the message. I just uninstalled it today and I no longer get the message . Seems interesting.

C
CWDATA author 2/6/2019

I would re-install . Make sure you have latest build. You aren't by any chance using parallels ( windows VM and Mac ) as I am and PHPrunner 10 has given me the same error and versions below it have not . Something that may not be related but I had installed visual studio and that's when I started getting the message. I just uninstalled it today and I no longer get the message . Seems interesting.

Hi John, I do have some Visual Studio components on my machine so I am in process of removing them and Ill let you know how I get on. Cheers.

C
CWDATA author 2/7/2019

Hi John, I do have some Visual Studio components on my machine so I am in process of removing them and Ill let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Thanks again for taking the time to make your suggestions. Regretfully after much excited anticipation on my part it has failed to cure the problem.I have a couple of programs PC maintenance and driver updates etc. so I am going to remove then and see if they are the issue. Thanks again, Carl

lefty 2/7/2019

Thanks again for taking the time to make your suggestions. Regretfully after much excited anticipation on my part it has failed to cure the problem.I have a couple of programs PC maintenance and driver updates etc. so I am going to remove then and see if they are the issue. Thanks again, Carl

You probably need to open a ticket with support then. There must be a process running in the background that is conflicting with the built in web server.

C
CWDATA author 2/7/2019

You probably need to open a ticket with support then. There must be a process running in the background that is conflicting with the built in web server.

I already have one open. I have done everything they have suggested apart from try another machine. Which really has no value to me because I need it to work on my machine. I have now reached the stage where on second time of trying I can launch the programme. Now interestingly if I go to designer and pick a table with one field I can use the Edit As function no trouble. Then pick another table with one field and again no trouble. As soon as I move to a table with several fiends select a field and launch Edit As it freezes. If I look in Task Manager there are two threads of mode.js open neither of which are showing any activity in CPU or Memory. I have to use End Task to close the programme.

lefty 2/8/2019

I already have one open. I have done everything they have suggested apart from try another machine. Which really has no value to me because I need it to work on my machine. I have now reached the stage where on second time of trying I can launch the programme. Now interestingly if I go to designer and pick a table with one field I can use the Edit As function no trouble. Then pick another table with one field and again no trouble. As soon as I move to a table with several fiends select a field and launch Edit As it freezes. If I look in Task Manager there are two threads of mode.js open neither of which are showing any activity in CPU or Memory. I have to use End Task to close the programme.

Only thing else I could suggest are the following

1. Are you running 10.0 Build 32290?
  2. Did you download the 32 bit or 64 bit according to your computer?
  3. Do you see dump files in your project?
  4. What operating system are you using and what type of memory do you have. Is it at least windows 7 and have enough memory or when you start phprunner 10 do you get "not responding for a period of time before it opens" ?

C
CWDATA author 2/9/2019

Only thing else I could suggest are the following

1. Are you running 10.0 Build 32290?
  2. Did you download the 32 bit or 64 bit according to your computer?
  3. Do you see dump files in your project?
  4. What operating system are you using and what type of memory do you have. Is it at least windows 7 and have enough memory or when you start phprunner 10 do you get "not responding for a period of time before it opens" ?

Hi John,

1. I was running the very latest version as I only bought it in the last couple of weeks
  2. I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions.
  3. There were no dump files
  4. Windows 4Gb Memory and no not responding message. Simple the pop up do you want to restart server.
    So in conjunction with Sergey I have downloaded the next previous version 9. something and that is running fine. So I am going to stick with that as it is a good advance on version 7 I was previously running. I am going to ask Xline to look at the difference between 9 and 10 and see if they can see what the difference is and hopefully give us a pointer to the problem.

admin 2/11/2019

PHPRunner 10 adds Page Designer that is powered by NodeJS web server. According to what I see something on your system prevents NodeJS from running properly. The usual suspects are antivirus and firewall software.