This topic is locked

Geocoding from Postcode not working

1/21/2019 4:53:40 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
rkgee author

At some point last year I noticed that the Lat/Lng numbers were no longer being generated from my postcode field (it had been working fine).
Tonight, I have finally got some time to try and get it resolved- but it; just not working, no matter what I do.
I thought it might be something to do with Google maps API so I went and regenerated a key but it still doesn't work.
When I try running using the ?geocoding=1 at the end of my List page address. It tries to run through the process of producing all the Lat/Lng numbers in each record but just reports REQUEST_DENIED, Postcode for each.
Going into a single record and saving it also doesn't generate the Lat/Lng numbers.
Is there anything obvious to anyone that I'm missing here?
Thanks
Rob

admin 1/21/2019

Make sure you have the latest build of PHPRunner. Google changed some things in their API and we fixed it in later builds.

R
rkgee author 1/22/2019

Make sure you have the latest build of PHPRunner. Google changed some things in their API and we fixed it in later builds.

Thank you for that. Yes, updating to the latest build enables me now to go in and re-save a record in order to create the Lat/Lng values. Is there a way to roll that out to all the records that now have missing values? There's around 400 missing and the old trick of running the ?geocoding=1 in the web address doesn't work any more. It still comes back with REQUEST_DENIED for each record.
Cheers

admin 1/22/2019

Display all records on a single page. Select all. Inline edit all. It will take a while to load. Save all. Also will will take a while but will update lat/lng fields.
PS. Make sure that fields postcode, lat and lng appear as a part of inline edit.

R
rkgee author 1/23/2019

Display all records on a single page. Select all. Inline edit all. It will take a while to load. Save all. Also will will take a while but will update lat/lng fields.
PS. Make sure that fields postcode, lat and lng appear as a part of inline edit.

That worked a treat, thank you.