This topic is locked

Table fields used in event but not displayed

1/16/2019 3:33:03 PM
PHPRunner General questions
T
thamestrader author

Wondering if anyone can clarify or confirm for me please?
I am upgrading from v9 (v9.61) to v10, my application uses Events extensively, In v9 I was treating the Fields tab as a definition of all the fields I needed to use with a page (either displayed or in an event) and the Totals tab to specify the fields that would be displayed. v10 doesn't have the Totals tab.
In v10 if I select say 10 fields from a table to be used with the add page for example, then in Page Designer I remove a field from the add page layout because its not displayed on the page I find that its now unticked on the Fields tab. It seems that fields do not need to be ticked on the Fields tab to be accessible to the pages Event code when the field isn't displayed on the page. Is this right? In other words $values in a Before event contains all the fields from the table, not just the ticked ones?
I have also noticed in Page Designer if I remove the labels associated with a field on say just the Add page then the label in the Fields Tab is set to blank. This means that on other pages for this table where the field is displayed it will not have a label, there are situations when the default label is required ie exports.