• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make permanent changes to web.config

#1 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

If you need to make permanent changes to web.config file that won't be overwritten by subsequent builds modify file C:\Program Files (x86)\ASPRunnerNET10.0\source\Web.config.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#2 User is offline   Pete K 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

View Postadmin, on 29 November 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

If you need to make permanent changes to web.config file that won't be overwritten by subsequent builds modify file C:\Program Files (x86)\ASPRunnerNET10.0\source\Web.config.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. I need a way to make persistent changes to web.config on a per-app basis. I want to store information in my web.config that is unique to each app. In thinking about how this might be accomplished, it seems to me that if ASPRunner simply made a copy of the master web.config each time a new project is created and stored it in the project's own /source folder, we could use that file to store app-specific information. Alternatively, we could place a partial config file in a specified location where ASPRunner would look at compile time and merge it with web.config.

If none of this is feasible, are there other ideas for storing and retrieving persistent app-specific information (other than in the database) within the ASPRunner.NET development model?

----------------------------------------------------------
Pete K.
Lead Web Developer
Fayette County Public Schools | Lexington, Kentucky, USA

#3 User is offline   Pete K 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

Never mind -- I've figured it out. After some research I hit upon adding a reference in web.config to an external app settings config file which merges the appSettings section upon compile. Google to the rescue. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------
Pete K.
Lead Web Developer
Fayette County Public Schools | Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users