Final version will be available in about four weeks, before July 20th, 2018.
Release candidate limitations
- business templates like Cars, Jobs or MassMailer will not work. Everything else should work.
Changes in the wizard
- Style Editor page is gone. You can now choose scheme and edit Custom CSS on Visual Editor screen.
- 'Fields order and totals' screen is gone. Now you can change fields order and add totals on Page Designer screen as well as add sections and tabs.
This is where you modify visual appearance of all pages in your app. Drag-n-drop everything, insert buttons, code snippets, fields, tabs, sections etc.
Visual Editor screen functionality
We are keeping Visual Editor for now but it's functionality is limited to the following:
- you can change 'View as' and 'Edit as' settings of any field there.
- existing projects - Visual and HTML mode available. Visual mode is for compatibility purposes only.
- new projects - you can use HTML mode only. Most of editing should be happening in Page Designer anyway but if you ever need to modify HTML code directly you still can do that in HTML mode in Visual Editor.
- change Bootstrap themes and edit Custom CSS here. Choose between regular and condensed themes. Previously lots of people mentioned they are delaying their switch to Bootstrap because Bootstrap layouts require a lot of screen space. To address this we added an option to choose regular or small font size, margins etc.