This update will reset your PHPRunner 10 beta trial.
We will be updating it fairly often. Make sure you subscribe to this change log via email or RSS to get notified every time new build is posted.
Fixed in this build:
- added inline edit, delete, search panel, breadcrumbs and other features
- layout selection when creating a new page. You can also change the existing page layout preserving the data grid structure. Check 'top menu' and 'left bar' layouts on List page
Beta version limitations
- PHPRunner and ASPRunner.NET. Still working on ASPRunnerPro beta.
- New projects only. Create a blank new project, do not use a template like Cars, Jobs etc. Add some tables and see what kind of changes you can make in Page Designer. Existing projects will open and build but will not be functional in generated apps.
- Master-details won't work in generated applications yet.
- Do not use any security features for now.
Changes in the wizard
- Style Editor page is gone. You can now choose scheme and edit Custom CSS on Visual Editor screen.
- 'Fields order and totals' screen is gone. Now you can change fields order and add totals on Page Designer screen as well as add sections and tabs.
This is where you modify visual appearance of all pages in your app. Drag-n-drop everything, insert buttons, code snippets, fields, tabs, sections etc.
Visual Editor screen functionality
We are keeping Visual Editor for now but it's functionality is limited to the following:
- you can change 'View as' and 'Edit as' settings of any field there.
- existing projects - Visual and HTML mode available. Visual mode is for compatibility purposes only.
- new projects - you can use HTML mode only. Most of editing should be happening in Page Designer anyway but if you ever need to modify HTML code directly you still can do that in HTML mode in Visual Editor.
- change Bootstrap themes and edit Custom CSS here. Choose between regular and condensed themes. Previously lots of people mentioned they are delaying their switch to Bootstrap because Bootstrap layouts require a lot of screen space. To address this we added an option to choose regular or small font size, margins etc.