This topic is locked

starttime and startdate fields

3/20/2003 12:16:22 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
K
kfriedley author

The below errored happened when I tried to add a new record to my database with the add feature in ASPRunner. When I went to add the new record, I could add data in everyfield but the startdate and starttime fields.

I formatted the date and time fields with short date and time in asprunner. After the error, I went into my MSAcces database changed my datatype for these to fields as text and then I was able to enter data in asprunner but I still didn't get the date and time formatt. What am I missing. Please help me.
ASP error happened
Technical information

Error number -2147217913

Error description [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

URL /tblevents_edit.asp

SQL query insert into [tblevents] (Eventnotification, StartDate, StartTime, [Tech Staff], EventType, EventDescription, Notes) values ('ddddd', '', '', 'ddd', 'ddd', 'dddd', 'dddd')

admin 3/20/2003

Hi,
you need to enter your date and time values in valid format like 'mm/dd/yyyy' and 'hh:mm:ss'. Empty values are not allowed and as of right now ASPRunner do not substitute empty values with NULLs for date and time fields.
Formatting in ASPRunner affects how data will be displayed on the list page.
Sergey Kornilov