This topic is locked

Login button does not work

2/15/2017 11:01:14 PM
PHPRunner General questions
C
christoph30 author

Hello,
I just upgraded from PHPRunner 6.2 to 9.6.

I adjusted everything what was needed to fullfil that upgrade, uploaded the version after fresh generation on the WebServer in a test folder and everything worked.

Afterwards I uploaded that in the main productive folder for go-live.

But at this point of time after entering user and password, the login button wont work anymore. Nothing happen if I hit the button.

I reseted already everything to standard, but still not working.

User and password are saved in a user table.

Does anyone have an idea where else I could search?
Any tip is really appreciated.

Thanks Chris

Alexey 2/17/2017

Your best option here is to create a support ticket and send us a link to your Login page.

C
christoph30 author 2/22/2017

Your best option here is to create a support ticket and send us a link to your Login page.

I can let this faulty login page only a few hours in the night online, before I need to copy again the old version into the live folder.

Otherwise people wont be able to login on the next day.

One remark: clicking on the login button adds a # behind login.php in the URL: login.php#

I just found out, that if I leave the www out of the URL, the login is working.

Where do I need to change that in phprunner setttings?

admin 2/23/2017

It looks like your website is not configured properly in terms of redirect from WWW to regular URL or vice versa. PHPRunner doesn't have a knowledge of the URL where it runs, this is a website config issue.

C
christoph30 author 2/26/2017

It looks like your website is not configured properly in terms of redirect from WWW to regular URL or vice versa. PHPRunner doesn't have a knowledge of the URL where it runs, this is a website config issue.

No there is not redirect.
with www.domain.com the login works, without www it wont work.

Why the login function let me not in? How can I avoid that?

C
christoph30 author 3/1/2017

What could be the issue?

admin 3/1/2017

PHPRunner application is not aware it runs under website.com or under www.website.com'>www.website.com. I guess something is not configured right in web server settings. Probably you need to redirect website.com to www.website.com'>www.website.com to make sure it always works.

C
christoph30 author 3/3/2017

PHPRunner application is not aware it runs under website.com or under www.website.com'>www.website.com. I guess something is not configured right in web server settings. Probably you need to redirect website.com to www.website.com'>www.website.com to make sure it always works.

But if I hit the Submit button on the Login page, nothing happen, really nothing. Only a # will be added into the URL.

This has nothing todo with the website. Why the submit button is not working?

I am really desperated .

J
jrlozano 3/8/2017

But if I hit the Submit button on the Login page, nothing happen, really nothing. Only a # will be added into the URL.

This has nothing todo with the website. Why the submit button is not working?

I am really desperated .

The reason could be javascript code in login page. I had the same problem with some code that changed the size of login controls. It worked perfectly in older versions and failed in PHPRunner 9