This topic is locked

Cannot add or edit

2/11/2006 8:42:52 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
A
aontech author

I am using ASPRunner 2.4 (I know it's old, but I cannot get approval for new software). I only use it for internal record tracking (this instance is a table to track when building keys are issued and revoked).
The table is flat (Column names only), and there are no queries opr joins on it. I have my Key Fields selected, and am pretty sure that they will create a unique identifier (lastname, firstname, keycode). I cannot get this to work, but it does not return an error, nor is any data added (new) or updated (edit). I have tried with Excel, Access, and SQL, as well as limiting my Key Field to just the Primary Key in Access and SQL. No luck.
Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

admin 2/12/2006

I recommend you to use Autonumber key as a key column.
PS. Please note that ASPRunner 2.4 is not supported. I recommend you to download ASPRunner 4.0 and build the same application that to make sure it works.

A
aontech author 2/13/2006

I recommend you to use Autonumber key as a key column.

PS. Please note that ASPRunner 2.4 is not supported. I recommend you to download ASPRunner 4.0 and build the same application that to make sure it works.

I can execute the correct commands using the new version, but as stated prior, I do not have the option to upgrade. Setting the 2.4 version to the same parameters using the same database does not work.
I guess I will look for a different solution.