This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Issues With "List Page With Search"

8/20/2016 9:57:01 AM
PHPRunner General questions
M
mhollibush author

I am having an issue with the "List Page With Search" on a form.

When I go to the form and click on select - the form pops up, and it shows that there is something there as there are columns and page numbers, but no data is visible
If I change the settings to dropdown box or "ajax" the data shows up...
Am I missing something?
Current settings in the database are:

PlaceId ( Key )

Place ( VarChar - 50 )

romaldus 8/20/2016

just to make sure that you didn't check the "hide data until search" option in misc page

M
mhollibush author 8/20/2016

just to make sure that you didn't check the "hide data until search" option in misc page

Yes, double checked all the settings,

I am lost on this, the drop down works, the Ajax search works, just not the pop up
I have other pop up forms that work - just not this specific popup... I have to be missing something

lefty 8/20/2016

Yes, double checked all the settings,

I am lost on this, the drop down works, the Ajax search works, just not the pop up
I have other pop up forms that work - just not this specific popup... I have to be missing something

Thought it could be inline add on add page , but tested and it does show inline add. Do you have security setup on the table that you are accessing from the dropdown, and different setting / security for the table you are using to add? When you test the lookup in your project does data show up? Do you have empty data in your table for the three pages possibly. If ajax works check database for empty records.

M

Thought it could be inline add on add page , but tested and it does show inline add. Do you have security setup on the table that you are accessing from the dropdown, and different setting / security for the table you are using to add? When you test the lookup in your project does data show up? Do you have empty data in your table for the three pages possibly. If ajax works check database for empty records.

Logged in as Admin and have full access to all the fields and tables, I am stumped, everything is functional except that specific popup... very confusing

jadachDevClub member 8/20/2016

What happens if you open the list page that is that pop-up - not in a pop-up? In other words, add it to the menu and see if data is shown.

lefty 8/20/2016

What happens if you open the list page that is that pop-up - not in a pop-up? In other words, add it to the menu and see if data is shown.

I agree with jadach try on the list page . If it works there , Then the only thing else I would do is reset add page or go to revision older and start from there , which you probably have done or create a custom view as a test and see if works there. That way if it works than you need to redo that table form in your project. Otherwise this is a job for Support. By the way which version are you using ? PHP ?
Update : I do not see the select next to the drop down which means something is not right. There should be no drop down if you are using list page with search at least in versions 8.1 and below. or your just showing that dropdown works . Can you show a screen show with list page search option.

M

I agree with jadach try on the list page . If it works there , Then the only thing else I would do is reset add page or go to revision older and start from there , which you probably have done or create a custom view as a test and see if works there. That way if it works than you need to redo that table form in your project. Otherwise this is a job for Support. By the way which version are you using ? PHP ?
Update : I do not see the select next to the drop down which means something is not right. There should be no drop down if you are using list page with search at least in versions 8.1 and below. or your just showing that dropdown works . Can you show a screen show with list page search option.

here is a screen shot of the settings for that field

lefty 8/20/2016

here is a screen shot of the settings for that field

I meant the add page with the list page with search showing as it does not show in your add page . It shows dropdown.

M

I meant the add page with the list page with search showing as it does not show in your add page . It shows dropdown.

I FIGURED IT OUT.... it was because I had accidentally unchecked the ShowPlaceId,in the fields which it needs to use to filter...

Pretty Simple thing that created a few hours of headaches.... Thanks for trying to help!!!!

lefty 8/20/2016

I FIGURED IT OUT.... it was because I had accidentally unchecked the ShowPlaceId,in the fields which it needs to use to filter...

Pretty Simple thing that created a few hours of headaches.... Thanks for trying to help!!!!

I see your project involves dog shows . I was just about to start something like this for a colleague . Was looking for a way to import horse/dogs data into the program with stats so I could have without entering in all data. Any ideas?

M

I see your project involves dog shows . I was just about to start something like this for a colleague . Was looking for a way to import horse/dogs data into the program with stats so I could have without entering in all data. Any ideas?

What program is the data stored in?

lefty 8/20/2016

That is the question. I am looking around the web to find something I can import data from instead of entering my own data manually. It is for racing not shows.

M

[/quote]

That is the question. I am looking around the web to find something I can import data from instead of entering my own data manually. It is for racing not shows.

[/quote]
Not that I am aware of - I do run a Pedigree site for the American Bully Breed - it contains all the dog information such as reg numbers, dob, owners, pedigree, offspring, etc...

This Is The Link