This topic is locked

ASP Pages not updated with refreshed data

1/31/2006 6:37:39 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
F
Faizan author

Hi,
I've been using a registered version of ASP Runner 3.2 for sometime and just noticed something that perhaps you can help me out with or comment on.
Background situation:
I am using the ASP Runner to create ASP pages that use TXT files as their data source connected to a MS Access DB. The TXT files themselves reside on another Server and are linked (via table specifications defining the structure and schema of the table) to the Access DB as a table. Now because this is a direct link to a secure Server (which is on a different machine than the one that the Access DB resides on) I can't use this linked TXT file as a source. To overcome this, I use a Make table query that uses this TXT linked file as the source to create a new table with refreshed/updated data everyday (this is accomplished with the help of a Macro/Module combo that runs daily when the Access DB is opened).
The problem:
I noticed that even though the NEW tables that are created daily by the Make table queries contain the latest information, the pages themselves that are using them (ASP) are unable to pick up this latest data. They only contain data as of the last time that I built the application!. To solve this, I have to open and build the application daily, so that the ASP pages display the most uptodate information. Am I doing something wrong OR is there I way I could overcome this daily building of ASP pages?
Please let me know if you require further information.

admin 2/2/2006

Hi,
by default ASPRunner pages work with a copy of your database file created during pages build.
To overcome this please proceed to Database filetab on ASPRunnerPro and uncheck Use Server.MapPath box.
Then rebuild your project.

F
Faizan author 2/3/2006

Thanks, I read through the forums after I posted my question and was able to figure out the solution that you had apparently given to other people facing similar problems.
Thanks anyway.