This topic is locked

Newbie and need some help please

1/25/2006 9:36:39 AM
PHPRunner General questions
B
Bob author

Hi Everyone
I am sure all of you are 10 flights higher and more in knowledge than us, but we need some help please.
We have a web site and we built it within a web site building package and did not use "Scripts etc".
We use 1 and 1 hosting for the web site, on a business package (basic).
Our problem is, now we need to access MYSQL database, but because there are no scripts within the web pages we are up against a brick wall, only because everything looks so complicated to us. I suppose really we are working backwards! I have looked through their web site for answers and they themselves need a lawyer to decode.
We have paid someone to add something to our web site and they have got back to us saying, PHP may need to be enabled as he couldn't access the area. I have asked 1 and 1 and they say it's because of scripts not in the web pages.
I have unzipped a PHP package and then it all falls flat, we just don't have the knowledge?
My question to all you lovely people is: Would we be able to use "PHP Runner" to solve our problem?
I don't know if this makes sense to you, I know it doesn't to me as I am writing it.
Pam & Bob

A
Alan4573 1/25/2006

Unfortunately, you don't get MySQL databases with 1 & 1 basic package.
I have just started hosting a client myself from 1 & 1because they couldn't give them what they wanted.

For the prices they charge, you would expect to get at least one database - alas, not so.
What do you want to do with your site? Are you sure you need a databse?
If you PM me with more details, I may be able to help.
Cheers
Alan