This topic is locked

Deleting records on screen without deleting from db

1/23/2006 5:40:42 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
R
RussCole author

Am looking at purchasing this product, have a couple of questions.

1. Using an Access database with several hundred thousand records of mailing addresses. I want a user to be able to search the database to produce on screen a recordset based on the search. No problem so far.
  2. Then need the user to be able to delete selected records from this search to output to a file without it actually deleting from the Access database.
  3. Seems like when a user is logged in, makes deletions, they actually delete the records from the database, not just in the recordset that is generated from the search.
    Can this be done? Otherwise software looks great, and if I can get ASPRunner to not actually delete the records from the online database, only what is displayed on screen, and then export the results, you'll get my order ASAP.
    Thanks,

Russ

Alberto 1/24/2006

RussCole, Why dont you just refine the selection w/search or advanced search? I think that is the way to filter and obtain only what you whant to see, then you can export, print, etc. Just a sugestion.
Otherwise would be confusing and risky if you really want or not delete them from the DB.

admin 1/24/2006

Russ,
manual filtering is not available at this moment. We'll add this feature very soon, most probably in February.

R
RussCole author 1/24/2006

Russ,

manual filtering is not available at this moment. We'll add this feature very soon, most probably in February.

Sergey & Alberto,

Using the Advanced Search gets my users a definitive list of records for doing their mailing, but users would like to be able to either 'delete' certain records, or on the other hand, if they could manually 'select' all the records they want, thus unselecting those to not be included, could work also.
Designing the project I can do either way. I can include instructions at the top of the List page that if they want to not include certain addresses from the list, that they can "Select" those records to be included and leave Unselected those records they don't want to include.
I just thought since you already have existiing the "Delete" function with checkbox, that if there was a way to delete selected records from the recordset that is produced from the Search, have it refresh the List with those records not included, without actually deleting from the Access database, and then be able to Export, then it would be great for what I'm trying to accomplish.