This topic is locked

Admin User Trouble

1/19/2006 11:03:57 AM
PHPRunner General questions
T
Tommy B author

I have a database for reporting productivity.
There is a managers table and a users table.
The managers table contains entryid, username, date, productivity.

The users table contains username, password, firstname, lastname, email.
I'm creating a project for managers to enter their productivity into the managers database.
At the end, of the setup, under "Advanced security settings", I've selected the option to allow users to see and edit their own data only. I've also defined the owner id fields for the managers and users table.
I've selected the box that says "Add admin user that can see and edit all users data". However, when I try to select a name from the drop down list it doesn't display any names.
I've updated to the latest build of PHP and tried turning off my firewall, but it seems that for this field it's not pulling the data from the table.
All other dropdowns seem to be working well.
I did a search before posting this and found directions to create ownerid fields using integers. Is this something I have to do, or can't the username fields be the defining ids?

A
Alan4573 1/19/2006

Hi Tommy,
The only thing I can think of is that the table you have selected for username/password check has no data in it. The dropdown for the admin user pulls its data direct from field you define as the Username field.
I presume you must have selected the users table for your password check as thats the one which holds both username and password. I also guess you've defined the Owner ID fields in both as username.
If so, and you have data in your users table, then you should see a list of usernames corresponding to the data in your table in the dropdown. As far as I'm aware, you certainly dont need to use integers for the owner id field. I can get an admin user to edit all users data based on username (varchar). This works fine for me.
Hope this helps
Alan

T
Tommy B author 1/19/2006

I uploaded a new phprunner file and re-created the project and it seems to be working now.
Thanks for the reply Alan.