This topic is locked

Email or Listing by Date

6/30/2015 10:19:09 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
author

I am in need of suggestions on how to manage a situation where I need to notify a user and/or their supervisor that action is due on a record. Here is my example:
User enters a record on June 1, 2015. By rules he/she needs to take action on the record in 20 days or less. I do compute the date entered and add 20 days to give a date in the field "Due Date" of June 21, 2015.
Here is where I need your suggestions. If no action has been taken by the Due Date I need either one of the two (or both) actions to occur. An email of the record is sent to the user and the supervisor. (Or) The record(s) overdue are brought to the forefront in the list screen to notify the user that action is required.
What are your thoughts on how to do this? I am open to suggestions and would appreciate your input.
Regards,

Joe

admin 6/30/2015

Just in case check MassMailer template - designed to send emails like this automatically.

http://xlinesoft.com/massmailer

1312 7/7/2015

Just in case check MassMailer template - designed to send emails like this automatically.

http://xlinesoft.com/massmailer

I do believe this will meet my needs. The only question I have is in the setup where it states "4. Schedule a cron job to run cron.php page once a day or once an hour.". I am using MS Server. How do I do this portion in a Microsoft server environment?
Thank you

admin 7/7/2015

On Windows server you will need to schedule cron.asp file that is part of MassMailer template ASP edition.

1312 7/7/2015

On Windows server you will need to schedule cron.asp file that is part of MassMailer template ASP edition.

Thank you

G
gonzalosb 8/6/2015

Hi Tman,

also what you can do is add an email function base on ASP help online and add an update functions like:
if datediff more than 20 days send email

and

if email was send mark as send at 20 days not send again

also

if record was complete before doe date do not send email
you will need to do at least this 3 functions on the main page in order to work and this page need to be access at least ones a day in order to work.
if you chose this path and have questions on how to do it let me know, I can help you.