This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

enter record into another table via inline edit

2/17/2015 3:48:35 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
M
mfred author

I have an application where the client wants the inline edit to copy the data to a different table. The copy to a separate table should only occur when doing the inline edit. The regular edit page should simply edit the existing record. I am aware of the edit page event options. But I do not see options for setting events for the inline edit. Help is appreciated.

acaruson 2/18/2015

I have an application where the client wants the inline edit to copy the data to a different table. The copy to a separate database should only occur when doing the inline edit. The regular edit page should simply edit the existing record. I am aware of the edit page event options. But I do not see options for setting events for the inline edit. Help is appreciated.

Very interesting. I'm also interested in how this might be done.

admin 2/19/2015

Events like BeforeEdit come with inline parameter that will set to true when edit is done in inline mode. This is what you need to use to tell regular edit from inline edit.
More info:

http://xlinesoft.com/asprunnerpro/docs/before_record_updated.htm

M
mfred author 2/19/2015

I think that I got that. But I am getting "Object required: 'dal.Table(...)'" when I try to use the DAL code which is in the manual. Here is my code for transferring the information to another table. I am using the in the AfterEdit event.
dim dal_table

set dal_table=dal.Table("TechBillingHistory")

dal_table.BillingDate=values("BillingDate")

dal_table.Region=values("Region")

dal_table.ServiceCenter=values("ServiceCenter")

dal_table.Add()

admin 2/19/2015

DAL will only work with project tables. Make sure that you have added table "TechBillingHistory" to your project.