This topic is locked

How to make a second dependents in dropdown menu

11/25/2014 10:21:00 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
F
fsyeung author

When I use the dropdown fuction menu but I need having a second dependent criteria field to sort out my dropdown menu when I already using the dependent function in category control setting, is it workable use a 'where' script to filtering the second data field select. Do you have any suggestion or sample script for me? Thanks.

lefty 12/3/2014

No need for a script

In the 2nd field just use a where condition in the 2nd field dropdown and make it dependant on the master dropdown.
ex. "fldtype = 'Display' OR fldtype = 'Both'" ( use custom expression as the display field in dropdown ) and add your where script to the where condition on lookup wizard where box. Check database types of syntax.
the criteria from the first dropdown will then go to the second dropdown . If you have critria in the where statement of the second dropdown then it will show only dependent dropdown data category where ................ statement of the second dropdown that exists in the master record .
If you are saying that you have criteria for the first field then use the above example in the master dropdown.