This topic is locked

Project recovery

11/12/2014 3:38:49 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
mperry622 author

I am about two years into a dev site using asprunner 9.0
Today my backup drive took a crap but i do have the tmp directory where i just did a full build..
How do i restore the TMP zip files to bring the project back?
Please help

admin 11/12/2014

Before you do anything else zip the whole project folder with all subfolders. Then contact support directly.
It's not clear why would you need to restore anything if backup drive failed. It's also not clear if you are talking about temporary folder with generated files or about TMP folder inside the project directory.

mperry622 author 11/12/2014

I have a project that i made a crazy amount of changes on and it wasn't saved today. but with each build i have a ZIP file in the /tmp/backup directory.
Was just curious on how you would use these backups.
I attempted to unzip and open direct with bad results. I then unzipped and overlayed onto my current project with the same bad results..
I have started the project over from the last save point.but i lost over a full day of work.
I have been through all help docs and forum and seen no mention on how to use said ZIP files in backup directory..
Also for future releases could you possibly think about an auto save feature. I work on these projects for hours and hours and it is my fault i did not click save.
This is not the first time i have been burned by ASP RUNNER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.......