This topic is locked

Custom NOT PHPRUNNER page inside project

11/11/2014 11:46:33 AM
PHPRunner General questions
A
aptivus author

Hi everyone,

what I am trying to do is to have a customized page, that is not based on any database table, linked by a link in the main menu and that SHOULD look like the other pages in phprunner (menu, main search box, header, footer).

Is there any way to achieve that?

I also thought about iframes, but honestly, I do not know where to put them.

Should I create an html view in the template folder? If yes, what should be the php model?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

admin 11/11/2014

Create a dummy Custom View, remove the stuff you don't need and add what you need to add. This gives you menu, permissions and everything else you need.

W
wfcentral 11/15/2014

If you have the latest version of phprunner you might try using a Dashboard. That's what I do. I just create a dashboard and don't select any tables to add to it. That gives me a blank page. Then I can insert a php snippet to pull my page in as an include.
The benefit for me is that it allows me to hide these pages based on a users security level. Also, I know if I'm looking through a project for a hand-coded page it will be a dashboard (which is easy to find).

A
aptivus author 12/5/2014

Create a dummy Custom View, remove the stuff you don't need and add what you need to add. This gives you menu, permissions and everything else you need.

Thannks.

How do I create a dummy Custom View?

admin 12/5/2014

Proceed to 'Datasource tables' screen in PHPRunner and click 'Create View' button there.