This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Latest build PHPRunner 8 -- sync search to Add page

9/21/2014 6:52:16 AM
PHPRunner General questions
A
Anapolis author

One suggestion I have made for a couple of years is to expand the Search Options available when a User is filling in a Form.
I have always needed a more sophisticated Search other than "all fields" (PHPRunner default) so that a User can quickly drill down through Master table records to select the Record that will supply autofill values to some of the Add Page fields in the Form.
I was encouraged by these new features about the Dashboard:

• click any Orders table line to see Order Details and single record being changed
  • use single record view Next/Prev buttons to loop through records. Orders and Order Details grids will be refreshed automatically
  • edit any Order in single record view to see Orders grid updated
    But the ONE THING I don't see possible is a one page dashboard where I have custom Search form of one table--Businesses

that enables me to drill down to the one Business master record whose Name, Address, Account #, City, State, Zipcode have the values that I want to Auto-fill the Reports form in the same dashboard page.
    PHPRunner 8 still seems to only offer the default "all fields" search for a given table... not usable with over 22,000 records. I need to look up that business with either the zipcode, or the city if I don't have the Account # number. Too many different fields to include in "all fields" search parameters.
    What I still want is to marry the Advanced Search capability of one table without popping open another window just to conduct a search and then closing the window for each search.
    I NEED to have in the Dashboard the Advanced Search fields of the Businesses table ready to use any of those fields to start a search to find one business.
    I start the Search and I stay on the same page INSIDE the dashboard view. When I select one Business Record then immediately the Reports Form below has its relevant fields filled in by Auto-fill.
    The Reports Form (which is written to the Reports table) is always synched to reflect automatically the same account #, business name, address, city, state, zipcode as the Business record selected at the top of the Dashboard.
    My upgrade to PHPRunner 8 depends on this capability.
    Thank you for the feedback.

A
Anapolis author 9/21/2014

I NEED to have in the Dashboard the Advanced Search fields of the Businesses table ready to use any of those fields to start a search to find one business.
I start the Search and I stay on the same page INSIDE the dashboard view. When I select one Business Record then immediately the Reports Form below has its relevant fields filled in by Auto-fill.
The Reports Form (which is written to the Reports table) is always synched to reflect automatically the same account #, business name, address, city, state, zipcode as the Business record selected at the top of the Dashboard.
My upgrade to PHPRunner 8 depends on this capability.

Or, if PHPRunner 8 does not offer this, what is a workaround?
What link would I need to pass these selected record variables to the Add Page Form for the Reports table while it is displayed below the search?
I have created links in Master records before where by clicking on the Business Account # I pass in the URL multiple field values to the Add Page form of another table.
But in those cases the link forwarded to open up a whole new page where the Add Page existed for that table.
How would I refresh the Add Page that is included in the Dashboard with field values taken from the Advanced Search in the same Dashboard?

A
Anapolis author 9/23/2014

I have discovered how to get what I want by custom coding the List view key account number field -- "kdnr". This then when clicked on any listed record then opens up the Reports form and passes along the most important field values for an Auto-fill of values from the Pharmacy record into the Reports form.
Solved.

$value="<a href='reporting_add.php?&kdnummer=".$data["kdnr"]."&aponame=" .$data["apotheke"]. "&plz=".$data["plz"]."&ort=".$data["ort"]."'> Report erstellen >> ".$data["kdnr"]. "</a>"