This topic is locked

Slow loading of dependet fields with lookup wizard

8/6/2014 5:11:38 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
M
mfred author

I have a set of lookup fields for a section of a form. it's an address book. The user selects the company and then the name. The name list is dependent on the company. The remaining 8 fields are dependent on the name. However, it takes quite a while for even the names to load and then it takes a few minutes for the other fields to load. The address book from which the fields are pulling has around 150 entries. Any suggestions to speed up the load time?

admin 8/7/2014

Try to check what exactly is loaded slow using Firebug or Chrome Developer tools.
If you need more help publish your application to Demo Account and send me the URL where I can see and troubleshoot this issue. 'Demo Account' button can be found on the last screen ('Finished') in the program.

G
gonzalosb 8/7/2014

150 records for a drop down it may be to much to load. I can think on different solutions if i where you:
1: try to narrow down the search and results like up to 15 ish max adding a subdivision by type, area, location, zone, zip code, etc
2:can replace the drop down for radius or check box with the same dependable from COMPANY NAME.
let me know what you think.

lefty 8/7/2014

150 records for a drop down it may be to much to load. I can think on different solutions if i where you:
1: try to narrow down the search and results like up to 15 ish max adding a subdivision by type, area, location, zone, zip code, etc
2:can replace the drop down for radius or check box with the same dependable from COMPANY NAME.
let me know what you think.

Try Autofill w/unique values