This topic is locked

Custom RowStyle eating NOWRAP

10/10/2013 6:29:01 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
acaruson author

Since updating to version 8 of ASPRunner Pro, I'm having a stumper of a problem.
I have a few cells on a regular LIST page which displays a regular grid of data. In a few of the cells, I've changed the CELL properties to "NOWRAP". Everything works fine at this point.
However, when I add the following code in the "After Record Processed" Event, it makes the indicated changes to all the cells in the row - EXCEPT those cells where I previously set the CELL to "NOWRAP". Further, the "NOWRAP" tag (style" is removed from the resulting HTML page. I end up with a cell that "wraps" data - and fails to have a background which is yellow (like the rest of the cells which I didn't indicate "NOWRAP").
Result: If I specify "NOWRAP" in a cell, the code in the "After Record Processed" Event removes the "NOWRAP" and fails to change the cells background color.
Here's the code I'm using in the "After Record Processed" Event. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?[/size][/size][/font]
if data("Hidden")=1 then

row("rowstyle")="style='background:yellow'"

record("Hidden_style") = "style='background:red'"
end if[/b][/font][/b][/size]

admin 10/10/2013

My guess is that nowrap style is being replaced by your event. Since you are modifying style via events you can also apply nowrap style there. More info: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10446639/attribute-nowrap-is-considered-outdated-a-newer-construct-is-recommended-wha

acaruson author 10/11/2013

What file should I be editing or where should I put the following so I can use ?
[color="#8B0000"].NoWrapAAC

{

white-space:nowrap;

width:237px;

vertical-align:top;

}

admin 10/11/2013

Use 'Custom CSS' in Style Editor.

acaruson author 10/11/2013

Use 'Custom CSS' in Style Editor.

Would <td class="NoWrapAAC"> be correct in the HTML of the LIST page? (Because it doesn't have any affect.)

admin 10/11/2013

Looks correct in general however you need to study this page in Chrome Developer Tools or in Firebug to see the actual HTML or if those styles are being applied.

acaruson author 10/12/2013

Looks correct in general however you need to study this page in Chrome Developer Tools or in Firebug to see the actual HTML or if those styles are being applied.

I guess my ultimate question is "Why does a customer row style EAT or replace a default NOWRAP setting on a LIST page?"
Can you duplicate this event? Is this supposed to happen or is a known bug?

admin 10/12/2013

It works the way it's supposed to work.