This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

HELP!! ASP Timeout on Exporting Large Set of data

10/26/2012 4:04:01 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
L
lucasp author

I can export a small data set, if I try to export around 7,000 records I get an HTML page instead of the excel sheet to save or export?
What I have done is the following, On the server I have gone to IIS Manager (Console 3.0, Version 6.1 Build 7601: SP1) within the Application Pools under IIS section, clicked ASP then 'Session Properties', Set the ASP 'Time Out' to 365.00:00:00 which is it's maximum timeout.
I have also changed added 'Server.ScriptTimeout=10000' to my form in the 'After Table Initialized'
PLEASE HELP AS IT'S REQUIRED ASAP. I HAVE MENTIONED THIS ISSUE BEFORE BUT DID NOT GET RESOLVED PLEASE TROUBLESHOOT.

L
lucasp author 10/26/2012

I can export a small data set, if I try to export around 7,000 records I get an HTML page instead of the excel sheet to save or export?
What I have done is the following, On the server I have gone to IIS Manager (Console 3.0, Version 6.1 Build 7601: SP1) within the Application Pools under IIS section, clicked ASP then 'Session Properties', Set the ASP 'Time Out' to 365.00:00:00 which is it's maximum timeout.
I have also changed added 'Server.ScriptTimeout=10000' to my form in the 'After Table Initialized'
PLEASE HELP AS IT'S REQUIRED ASAP. I HAVE MENTIONED THIS ISSUE BEFORE BUT DID NOT GET RESOLVED PLEASE TROUBLESHOOT.

Ok I found part of my problem Buffering was enabled within the ASP pool, now my database allows you to export part of the results and now displays an error of the part exported results 'SQL Native Client error '80040e07'. Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Dave Smith' to data type int. ??? What could be causing this

admin 10/26/2012

Hard to tell what exactly is wrong without seeing your application. Post your application to Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending your Demo Account URL. 'Demo Account' button can be found on the last screen in the program.