This topic is locked

Invoice Template: Create PDF Information

10/22/2012 9:06:49 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
G
gdmacdo author

I recently purchased the Invoice Template. I was very excited to be able to Create to PDF. Are there any instructions to the placement of the php files and/or the PDF folder inside the template directory?
Steps taken:

1. I have PHP added to my server and tested a "hello world" php file worked on the web site.
  2. I exported the invoice.asp72.zip file into my C:\Program Files (x86)\ASPRunnerPro7.2\templates\business folder
  3. I created a new project using the invoice template and created a new MS Access Db (for testing only)
  4. I published the site
  5. I logged into the site and created a test invoice
  6. I went back to the list, clicked on the view icon and clicked the create PDF button

The above steps worked fine. I noticed that the link to download the pdf pointed to a sample.com site. I looked at the javascript on load section of the view page and noticed that I should replace the sample.com with the location of my php files. At this point I noticed that the php files did not copy over from the C:\Program Files (x86)\ASPRunnerPro7.2\templates\business\invoice directory nor did it copy the PDF folder. I tried placing these in various locations (root of the web site, include, etc.) with no luck.
I know I am probably doing everything wrong and missing something simple. Can anyone provide some guidance?

admin 10/22/2012

Greg,
we'll have an updated version of Invoice template later today that doesn't require any extra configuration steps. You will need to either create a new project using Invoice template or replace the content of <project>\business\Invoice directory with the updated Invoice template.

G
gdmacdo author 10/22/2012

Thank you very much. Excellent service as always!

Greg,
we'll have an updated version of Invoice template later today that doesn't require any extra configuration steps. You will need to either create a new project using Invoice template or replace the content of <project>\business\Invoice directory with the updated Invoice template.

G
gdmacdo author 10/24/2012

Has the update been posted?

Greg,

admin 10/24/2012

Just wanted to say that updated version of Invoice template was uploaded. The same link.
In this update PDF export will work out of the box, no extra configuration is required.

T
TechArt 11/29/2012

Hello,
I would like to know if ( export to PDF function ) is available in ASP version for Invoice Template
Please advise.
Thanks.

admin 11/29/2012

Yes, PDF export is available in ASP version of Invoice template.