This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Check Constraint Issue

8/13/2012 4:19:54 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
author

Hello, I am using ASPRunnerPro Enterprise Edition 7.1 build 12231.
I have converted a MS Access DB to a SQL Server 2008 R2. All fields seem to have converted properly. In using ASPR to build my app, I get to the Add section of the screen and attempt to add a record. ASPR gives me the following error:
The INSERT statement conflicted with the CHECK constraint "SSMA_CC$Receipts$CI Explanation$disallow_zero_length". The conflict occurred in database "DEU", table "dbo.Receipts", column 'CI Explanation'
I have checked the Field in SQL Server and it is set to nvchar(50) with Allow Nulls checked. In ASPR Editor inthe Add screen, I have the field set up to be View As (blank) and Edit As Text. All areas of the field parameters there is nothing changed from the default.
I cannot get past this error, do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Joe

admin 8/14/2012

It looks like this field (CI explanation) doesn't allow zero length values. Probably this field is a part of a key or has additional constraints you need to remove. This needs to be done in SQL Server database.

1312 8/14/2012

You hit the nail on the head. I have never seen the constraints on a DB when it is moved to SQL. First time for everything. I removed them and it all worked perfectly.
Thanks for your input.

Joe