This topic is locked

Need Help

9/29/2003 12:17:22 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
D
doriginal author

I keep getting the following error on certain tables that I convert. All of the other tables convert with no problem. I am using a new folder for each table. Here is a the error
ASP error happened
Technical information

Error number -2147467259

Error description [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

URL /cruets/administration/sitedesign/SiteDesign_login.asp
I have looked through the forum and I don't see anyone with this error. Like I say. I only get it with certain tables. This is the only item keeping me from purchasing the program.

admin 9/29/2003

Hi,
this error message means that ASP engine cannot locate your database file. Make sure that connection string points to your database correctly in each folder you use.
Best regards,

Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm 9/29/2003

I keep getting the following error on certain tables that I convert. All of the other tables convert with no problem. I am using a new folder for each table. Here is a the error

ASP error happened
Technical information

Error number -2147467259

Error description [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

URL /cruets/administration/sitedesign/SiteDesign_login.asp
I have looked through the forum and I don't see anyone with this error. Like I say. I only get it with certain tables. This is the only item keeping me from purchasing the program.

If you unchecked the "Use Server.MapPath" during ASP creation, make sure you manually change the dbConnection path for your MDB location.
It will be much simpler if you leave it on the \db\ just the way ASPrunner wants it during asp build by leaving the "Use Server.MapPath" on its default value. It won't give you any problem.
You also make sure to give users permission on the MDB.
Hope this helps too.

D
doriginal author 9/30/2003

Thanks!