This topic is locked

Calendar issues in PHPR...

11/1/2011 2:48:06 PM
Calendar Template general questions
C
CodeDog author

Just purchased the PHPR update and downloaded the updated template pack (Calendar, Shopping Cart, etc.), and tried the Calendar template. Calendars are one of my most popular add-ons for website clients, and the Calendar template in v5.3 worked quite well.
In v6, however, I seem to be having a number of issues. Biggest issue is that the project layout option doesn't seem to effect monthly and weekly views in the Style Editor. No matter what I set the layout to, they stay left justified with tabbed menu. Project layout does work for Daily and CalCalendar, but does nothing for Monthly/Weekly. I've tried applying the layout directly to Monthly, and have tried applying the Daily layout to the whole project. In v5.3 the Monthly view was nicely centered and style changes actually changed the look.
Is this by design, or am I not doing something correctly in the new template?
Also, text that I center in the Visual Editor is centered when viewed in Internet Explorer, but not when viewed in FireFox.
Any advice would be appreciated...

admin 11/1/2011

We'll see what we can do in regards to layout changes. Just want to point that you weren't able to change layout in v5.3 either while style change works in version 6.0. Good point in regards to most views not being centered.
In regards to the text that is displayed the different way in IE and Firefox - more info is required. Please post it to demo account and send us the URL.

C
CodeDog author 11/1/2011

We'll see what we can do in regards to layout changes. Just want to point that you weren't able to change layout in v5.3 either while style change works in version 6.0. Good point in regards to most views not being centered.
In regards to the text that is displayed the different way in IE and Firefox - more info is required. Please post it to demo account and send us the URL.

Thanks, Sergey. I uninstalled v5.3 before I installed v6, so I can't go back in to check on the layout. I did, though, check a few calendar installs I have out there and there are differences in the menu systems on the Month layout.
One thing I did notice is that the Monthly view in the v5.3 templates is not only is it centered, but they are dynamic width. This was much better looking than the left justified layout.
I'll see about getting a demo up on the demo account, but it's pretty easy to replicate. Just create a calendar from the template, center some text in the Visual Editor, and try it in both IE and FireFox.
Thanks again, looking forward to a template update...