This topic is locked

PHPRunner V 6.0 Preferences and Enhancements

10/26/2011 5:31:26 PM
Suggestions
Q
qaiserikram author

Dear Team
You've done awesome work. Well Done. I've Some Suggestions regarding the Program
PHPRunner's Preference (Default Settings) :

First Thing is First. There must be a Preference or Settings or Configuration TAB to configure PHPRunner.

What Can be Configured ?

PHP Version , DATE and TIME / Locale Settings (although this is already being implemented), CSS Version, HTML 4, XHTML or HTML 5, MYSQL or MYSQLI, JQUERY, Audio / Video Player etc
Customization of Layout :

Though it is now not-a-big deal to customize the layout. Thanks to new Version, but there should be some more enhancements.

i.e.

Let User Import some HTML Template in the Visual Editor and after that user can customize the layout of the template etc.

Make the Visual Editor more User Friendly i.e.
{header}

{All of the necessary smarty tags should be placed in a separate box}
PHPRunner Generated Fields Code for(adding, editing, viewing, printing etc) OR USER DEFINED CODE
{ALL Ending TAGS}

{footer}
DROP DOWN CONTROLS :

In Multi Selection Dropdowns, Please ADD Checkbox (by default) to each entry, so that user can click them, instead of using CTRL + CLICK for multiple Selection.
EDIT BOX AJAX POPUP FEATURE for TEXTAREAS :

In TEXT AREA BOXES, Auto Fill must be attached. (EDIT BOX AJAX POPUP FEATURE) so user can select some values from database too.

for example, i want to type in that box, name, address, phone number etc, then when i type username, it should be autofilled from database, if exists, otherwise allow user to FREE TYPE.
More Control on Check Boxes :

Check boxes layout should be configurable, i.e. if i have 20 items to display. then current layout are not suitable.

because when in default layout it makes page/column height too much and while selecting horizontal layout, it makes width out of control.

so there would be an option, who much item to be displayed in one line.
AFTER ADD/EDIT :

When some record is added, it is nice that phprunner shows two options, EDIT | VIEW, but it would be much helpful, if these options can be configured by the user. Let the User Decide whether to display those messages or not, and if YES, then allow the user to choose, what options should be there. i.e. Edit, View, Print, Export, EMAIL TO FRIEND etc
Thanking you in Anticipation.